Join Us to Protect Health Funding
For 45 years, the Coalition for Health Funding has led the public health and health research community in strengthening the health continuum through advocacy and education. Our dues-paying member organizations represent the interests of more than 100 million patients and consumers, health providers, professionals, and researchers.
With the collective appreciation that “a rising tide lifts all boats,” the Coalition’s members work collaboratively to increase discretionary funding for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), its principle agencies, operating divisions, and offices and programs that support and protect America’s health through:
Education about the impact of federal funding decisions on the health continuum through our events, reports, letters, and press statements.
Outreach to legislators, agency leaders, and White House officials through our congressional “Hill Days” and other face-to-face meetings.
Coordination of unified messages through community-wide letter campaigns, talking points, and social media toolkits.
Among our 2017 achievements and offerings to member organizations, the Coalition for Health Funding:
- Led the community in NDD United’s efforts to stop sequestration through the “Raise the Caps” campaign that ultimately led to the largest increase in nondefense discretionary funding since the “stimulus” of 2009;
- Met face-to-face with more 50 policymakers, including several Members of Congress;
- Issued more than 30 letters and statements to protect and promote health funding;
- Hosted the Coalition for Health Funding’s 2nd Annual Public Health Fair, exposing members and public health agencies to 300 visitors;
- Organized the annual “Public Health 101” congressional briefing with the Congressional Public Health Caucus;
- Led a delegation of members to Atlanta for the Coalition’s second annual tour of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and
- Kept our members informed about federal funding developments through the intelligence and expert analysis provided in our daily e-newsletter.
The Extra “FTE” for Your Advocacy Team
The Coalition for Health Funding supports our members’ advocacy teams and helps advance their advocacy priorities by providing:
Inside Intelligence on the status of legislation along with analysis of the implications through our daily e-newsletter.
Access through members-only meetings with White House, congressional, and agency officials, helping members make new connections and providing them additional opportunities to communicate their priorities to key policymakers.
Visibility through congressional briefings, receptions, coalition-organized letters and print, radio, and television media. Members also have the opportunity to promote their events, publications, and initiatives through our e-newsletter delivered daily to more than 300 health advocates.
Support through the Coalition’s staff, who provide timely and relevant information, moderate meetings, draft talking points, and coordinate advocacy campaigns.
Networking and Professional Development through members-only forums and opportunities to serve in Coalition leadership positions.
2017 At a Glance
|Snapshot of Advocacy and Outreach Activities, 2017||No.|
Click here to learn more about our different membership categories and how to join.